A mix of kitchen counter, living room couch style conversations with activist parents, parent activists throughout various movements.
Episode 71: Empowering Ourselves and Our Children – Parenting for Liberation
On this episode, Trina speaks with Dr. Raquel Martin, an experienced licensed clinical psychologist, devoted university professor, acclaimed researcher and scientist who believes deeply in the power of Black mental wealth which she defines as “an affirming, lifelong journey that encourages Black people to center mental health practices as integral and intentionally linked to success and wellbeing.” Dr. Martin is also the host of the Mind Your Mental podcast and a highly sought-after and renowned public speaker with a rapidly-growing and engaged following. Resources: http://www.raquelmartinphd.com
- Episode 71: Empowering Ourselves and Our Children
- Episode 70: Intentioned: Parenting Ourselves and Our Kids (From Embodied Podcast)
- Episode 69: Redefining Black Fatherhood with DeAntwann “DJ” Johnson
- Episode 68: Centering Joy in Black Motherhood with Tanya Nixon-Silberg
- Episode 67: Addressing Disparities in Black Maternal Healthcare with Shamiesha Ebhotemen