A mix of kitchen counter, living room couch style conversations with activist parents, parent activists throughout various movements.
Episode 58: Empowering Queer Black Families with Mia Cooley – Parenting for Liberation
On this episode of Parenting for Liberation, Trina speaks with Mia Cooley, founder of xHood, about Black Queer Parent Empowerment, what that means, and how we as a community can support our LGBTQ+ families in our community. xHood is the first community group and organization created in service of Black queer family building and nurturing journeys. Mia Cooley is a community builder and parenting coach. She specializes in supporting Black and/or Queer families through all of those special and at times frustrating moments on the journey to and through babies. Resources: http://www.ParentxHood.com http://www.thetrevorproject.org/survey-2022
- Episode 58: Empowering Queer Black Families with Mia Cooley
- Episode 57: Deepening Our Understanding of Black Fatherhood with Dr. Khalid White
- Episode 56: Ring the Alarm: The Epidemic Black Youth Suicide with Dr. Rhonda Boyd
- Episode 55: Supporting Our Neurodivergent Children with Natasha Nelson
- Episode 54: Let's Talk About Sex…Again! with Brittany Brathwaite