Parenting for Liberation’s Program Associate is a new role that stems from our organization’s need to create the administrative infrastructure that will allow the Executive Director more spaciousness to grow our virtual and in-person community, lead an organizational branding process, pilot new projects, and sustain existing projects – such as our podcast and parent convenings.
To that end, Parenting for Liberation seeks a passionate, organized, and self-assured Program Associate to join the team. The Program Associate will report to the Executive Director and work closely with Parenting for Liberation’s stakeholders, advisory committees, virtual audience, and event/convening participants. This position is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys administrative support work and can help create systems for a start-up organization to become more efficient and effective.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Associate administrative and program support responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and manage logistics for Parenting for Liberation’s events for Black parents, including coordinating outreach, recruitment, location, catering, marketing, materials, and guest vendors
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, coordinating meeting agendas, note-taking, sending follow-up notes after meetings, and managing email and calendar
• Provide fiscal administrative support, including reviewing and submitting consultant invoices to Parenting for Liberation’s fiscal sponsor and tracking credit card expenses
• Track and report analytics from the Parenting for Liberation website and social media channels
• Provide editing support for a range of written communications, including a newsletter, grant proposals and reports, social media content
• Coordinate with Parenting for Liberation’s team of consultants, including: Strategic Thought Partner, Branding & Communications, and Graphic Design
The ideal candidate will be:
• Committed to the mission, vision, values, and goals of Parenting for Liberation and have an ability to
uphold those values in their administrative work
• Outgoing, warm, and welcoming
• An excellent interpersonal communicator, with both written and oral communication skills
• Strong project management skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
• Able to problem solve with a positive and solutions-oriented attitude
• An excellent self-manager who can both work independently and in collaboration
• Social media savvy (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
• Committed to creating positive experiences for Parenting for Liberation’s audience through virtual and in-person events
• Proficient in using a computer, G-Suite (docs, sheets, gmail, calendar, slides, etc)
• Experience in either a nonprofit, movement, and/or start-up environment
• Experience managing a dynamic website
• Experience with podcasting (editing, recording, etc).
• Experience with building virtual communities (i.e. facebook groups)
LOCATION & SCHEDULE
The position will be based in Parenting for Liberation’s Tustin, CA office on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
SALARY RANGE & BENEFITS
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with $15-18 hourly salary. The typical hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday approximately from 9AM – 3:00PM.
OUR HIRING PROCESS
How to Apply
In our first round of consideration, we invite applicants to share a one page letter responding to the short-answer questions below, a resume, and two professional references (all in one PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the following subject line for your email submission: your first name followed by “P4L Program Associate” (example: “Trina P4L Program Associate”):
1. Tell us about you (your identities) and why you are committed to support Black parents, children, and families
2. What excites you about this opportunity and how does it build on your past work to date?
3. What of Parenting for Liberation’s mission resonates with you? What questions come up for you?
Please submit the one page short-answer responses, resume, and two professional references (all in one PDF) to email@example.com with your first name followed by “P4L Program Associate” in the subject line (example: “Trina P4L Program Associate”).
We will accept applications on a rolling basis with priority given to applicants received by July 12, 2019. We are hoping to make an offer by mid-August (anticipated start date Sept 2, 2019).
STATEMENT OF NONDISCRIMINATION
Parenting for Liberation (Social Good Fund) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion or national origin. This policy also includes the handicapped and all disabled. Parenting for Liberation (Social Good Fund) utilizes only job-related criteria in making decisions concerning applicants and employees.
We highly value diversity and strongly encourage parents who identify as part of the African diaspora to apply.